Monday, July 17, 2006

Life @Coimbatore - I

Whenever i think about Coimbatore it brings me freshness of bag full of roses...

Coimbatore has given me ample amount of Confidence, Leadership, Love

For one reason it has given me only sweet memories and the best and confident moment in my life....

My First Journey:

It started just like that. Anna University has arranged for State - Level Placement. Just in another week we had interview for TCS. First interview of life. All were in confusion and excitement. Havent booked the tickets, havent booked the rooms, no one know noone in Coimbatore. No one has prepared for interview.

We were all in same state. An untold excitement. This was the first experiment of Anna University. They have although planned well. For each college they have allocated a zone ( My college fell in Coimbatore Zone. The other two zone - Chennai and Madurai).. For each college the team sorted out the eligible candidates, the procedure etc etc.

We all started to prepare for the interviews. Gopinath took care of the booking of tickets. And I asked Jaipal Uncle(Dad's Friend) to provide some helping in booking rooms. He agreed. He booked rooms in a lodge. New experience as we stepped into the train.

We all went in group since it is comfortable to see many confused faces around us and gives us a better feeling that I am not the only one suffering. Moreover we all were friends. In the train journey we all were reading and discussing various puzzles patterns...We were the hot topic to be buzzed.. there were around 15 girls in our batch.. cool isnt...

We got down in Coimbatore junction and headed towards Abirami Lodge. Jaipal uncle was there waiting for us. We expected around 200 Rs/ day but the room was only 55/day.. We all settled in our rooms. Refreshed and started to study.. huh.. dont categorize me in that... these other girls were too interested.. what to do?? we were in third floor.. the lodge was in gandhipuram... was a wonderful sight.. 100 feet road.. Kalyan Sarees was very near...

We were too tired to look around.. Slept and got ready for the next day interview. If you expect interview to be conducted with people waiting in 30''s outside the hall you are probably wrong. there were around 1300 people with a expectation in their faces. It quites depresses anyone to see such a huge competition.

Actually it was too tired. Balagurusamy was there. But all this starving and crowd almost 80 percent were sleeping. some stupids like me were listening to what was going on. Then the TCS employees were giving a presentation on TATA. You know what there is a small movie where a guy gets up and how TATA products are useful to him etc. etc... The movie was so impressive that I wanted to work for such a company... It was infact raised the spirits of lots of people like me ..

Then we went to exam hall.. it happened about 1.5 years back.. my convolutions are not behaving the way i wanted them to.. i cant remember exactly... but the exam went fine..
we all returned back to the room since they will announce the result at 6 o clock in evening. Took a nice sleep and roamed all around my lodge. While returning back .. i heard that news...

Totally we were 32 in number from my college. I was the only one selected. Cool isn't ?? First Interview First Company First Exam.. I cleared....

Will I clear my Interview?? Have to wait and see .....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

jesus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
murugan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.